Do you have time to volunteer one day a week at our centres?
- sensitive to different cultures
- free on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday?
Would you enjoy working as part of a team within the guidelines and policies of the Southwark Day Centre for Asylum Seekers?
Clients at the Southwark Day Centre for Asylum Seekers have a right to confidentiality therefore we, as an organisation and as individuals, need to ensure that the information we receive as service providers is treated with sensitivity. However, pertinent information offered to volunteers by clients is confidential to the organisation not the individual and must be shared with Centre Workers.
Clear boundaries between the volunteers and clients are essential and protect both parties in different ways. They prevent volunteers from becoming over-involved with clients, and they protect clients by reducing the risk of unprofessional contact and allegations being made. It can be argued that boundaries enable clients to begin their life in Britain without becoming overly dependent upon a particular person whilst receiving the practical support they need.
- training (this is often provided by us but occasionally volunteers can attend training sessions outside of the organisation)
- travel expenses
- free lunch at our centres
- a unique opportunity to gain a wide range of invaluable experiences right at the grass roots!
Join us and develop and apply many different skills (e.g. languages, administration, arts & crafts, organisational and people skills, fundraising, etc.)
Contact us for an application & information pack.